July 24, 2020
Let’s talk about scaling your business. This is such an in-between fun, messy, middle topic for me right now as I’m very much in that middle phase is a skill in my business right now and I wanna share about it with you guys. Last year, I saw a couple of different entrepreneurs who I admire and respect so much scaling their business, but I had no idea what scaling really meant, what a client experience was and I had figure out what that looked like for me.
With scaling your business there are so many different ways it can look like and yet it’s a topic I personally am not seeing very much and topics like these are ones I want to bring to the space in the Grow With Jo community so that we can all learn about them together.
WHAT DOES SCALING YOUR BUSINESS MEAN FOR YOU?
- To give you a bigger picture, scaling my business looks like having a full-size team who works solely for me and help me be able to place out multiple resources across the spectrum and will cater to as many needs as we can need as we can fill. So, for now, that looks like photography as well as coaching (marking and sales specifically) and even now I’m blown way by how much as happened this year despite of all the craziness.
- If you guys don’t know, I’m a super faith-based person and strongly believe that everything goes back to God. I don’t believe that he makes bad things happen but I do believe that He’s always moving on our behalf and He wants to be there for us.
WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING TO START SCALING YOUR BUSINESS?
- I set a weekly structure: Having a weekly structure has really done wonders in terms of making sure I don’t wear myself thing. Last year I had a really bad burnout phase and since then I’ve been really intentional about setting boundaries throughout all aspects through my business.
Every single day of my weeks have a purpose: Mondays are CEO days, Tuesdays + Thursdays are coaching sessions, Wednesdays + Fridays are for photoshoots or any behind-the-scenes admin work that has to get done.
Ecclesiastes 3:12-13 NIV says, “I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live. That each of them may eat and drink, and 👉🏼 find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God 👈🏼” and it really opened my eyes to know that we were created to not only work but also play. Whether it’s taking a walk or taking the weekends I think it’s super important to have that free-time and not get wound up with work.
- I read books that helped me create a growth mindset: During COVID I read The E Myth by Michael Gerber and Infinite Game by Simon Sinek. I would highly recommend anyone who is just planning on scaling their business, these books really show you how to strategically and intentional about forming your just cause and seeing the bigger picture.
- I refreshed my logo and website: With the help of Pippa (@_heypippa) she helped me create The Jo Show logo and the overarching Joelle Elizabeth for my entire brand. With these logos, we’ve also been able to use them on my website. Of course, I can’t have a podcast episode without mentioning my biz bestie Sam (@rootingforyoustudio) she has been creating a custom website for me that truly represents me and what I offer.
- I’ve made some new hires: Recently I hired my first virtual assistant, Naomi (@wildandfreeservices) and she’s been helping me with sooo much and also Alex Anaya (@thealexanaya) for podcast editing and now that I have more time I’ve been able to book more sessions in for clients!
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO ADD?
- Presets launched so if you guys haven’t gotten your hands on those, you can head over to the show notes (below) for the link.
- We’ve got an online shop that is going to be launching hopefully early August if not the end of the month with some more resources for you guys.
- MERCH. I am sooo pumped about that, I honestly did not expect myself to do much this year, but God had other plans (He has a great sense of humor).
- Annndd I’ve officially hired my own business coach to be able to work with me for the rest of the year!!!
Curious what it’s like to start scaling your business? I’m spilling the beans on some of the steps I’ve been taking this year to do just that.
Get 50% off Honeybook: http://share.honeybook.com/joelle
View HoneyBook tutorials: http://joelleelizabeth.com/honeybook
Join the FB group: http://facebook.com/groups/1026158004450277/
Bible Scripture: “I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live. That each of them may eat and drink, and 👉🏼 find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God 👈🏼” Ecclesiastes 3:12-13 NIV